Friday, February 15, 2013

Succulents

Ok, ok. So succulent plants are 'in' right now, so does it make me hipster if I like them? (Mark would find any excuse to call me a hipster. So what-ev's.)

I didn't notice, but when I pinned to my wedding board on Pinterest, there were a lot of succulent ideas sprinkled in. So on a whim, I decided to incorporate more succulents into the wedding theme (seems like a lot of the planning is 'on a whim' or 'what feels right' these days. Wondering if that's a good thing or not).

Succulents

So with that decision, my sister and I rummaged through all the nurseries in my little hometown. It was a lot of fun to look at everything, not just the succulents. It made me really sad that I don't have more of a green thumb than my sister, since I'm deathly afraid of bugs and bees and whatnot. 

Succulents

But not to worry! I'll figure out how to have a garden indoors without all the pesky insects. Just you wait and see!

Are you catching the succulent 'bug' too? ;)

Natty

2 comments:

  1. hi beautiful! it seems like it's been ages since i wrote you; just realized that the domain name mix up was the cause! i'm so glad to see that you're doing well! i really want succulents, too, in large part because they seem very difficult to kill, which would suit me just fine. are you still collecting paper flowers for the wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gourd-ness (plant pun?) -- I love succulents. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it has less value. Sometimes things are trendy because... they're awesome. Or, at least, that's what I like to say when I sit around & listen to pop music. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.